How to Embed Videos into WordPress
This tutorial will help guide you in ways to embed videos from Youtube, Instagram, Vimeo, Hulu, Vine and more into your WordPress posts.
The easiest way to add a video to your WordPress post is by simply posting the link when creating your post. See WordPress has an awesome auto-embed feature that automatically turns your video links into videos, and it simply doesn’t get any easier than that. Below is a step by step process to getting this done.
- From your WordPress dashboard, click Posts, then Add New.
- Get the link of the video you want to add to your WordPress post. Youtube or Vimeo is highly recommended.
- While still using the visual editor of your WordPress Post, simply paste link of the video you want to add into your new post. A screen shot is below –
- As you can see in the screenshot posted below, that link automatically turns into a video inside the post all thanks to WordPress’s auto-embed feature.
You are now able to preview or save and publish this post. Though it’s however recommended that you preview your post first just to get a clear picture of how it will look to your audience before hitting the Publish button.
The best part of this is that WordPress supports aka auto-embeds videos from a large number of sites. A full list of those sites is below –
Supported sites for auto embedding on WordPress include:
- Speaker Deck
How to Embed a YouTube Playlists into WordPress Posts
Now that we have figured out how to post individual videos in WordPress, you can also post full Youtube playlists on your posts or pages. Below are the steps –
- The first step is to get the URL link for the Youtube Playlist.
- Once you get that link, you simply paste it into your Add New post visual editor (similar to the above process) . You hit the save button and preview your new Playlist before publishing.
We do hope you found these easy steps useful in helping you embed videos from multiple sites into your WordPress posts and pages. You might also be wondering why you simply can’t just upload your own personal video onto WordPress. Well technically, you can. However we do not recommend this as it uses up a lot of your Hosting provider’s resources and bandwidth which can lead to your site crashing.
And if the video you are trying to embed is not supported from the above list, you should look into that site’s options as most websites will give you a code or instructions on how to embed their videos onto your blog.